This is from the release notes:
Level Cap Increase: Epic Levels
- Players can now advance into Epic levels! You may now level your character to level 25.
- Character levels 1 - 19 are now known as "Heroic" levels. All levels 20+ are considered "Epic" levels.
- A character that reaches Heroic level 20 will automatically begin to accumulate Epic Experience, progressing through Epic character levels 21 through 25.
- Epic Experience required to level is identical for all characters, regardless of number of True Reincarnations. If a character's Heroic level drops below 20 (for example, through True Reincarnation), Epic advancement and all benefits related to it are suppressed. When the character reaches Heroic level 20 again, they will be returned.
- Epic Advancement provides a variety of benefits:
- Characters gain +10 hitpoints at levels 21 - 25.
- Characters gain a +1 bonus to all their skills at levels 21 - 25.
- Characters gain an ability score increase at level 24.
- Character saves increase by +1 at 22nd & 24th level.
- Base Attack Bonus (BAB) increase by +1 at levels 21, 23, and 25
- Characters may select a new feat at levels 21 & 24. They may select a feat from the existing Heroic feat list, or from the new Epic feats available for Epic level characters.
All in all, this doesn't look hard at all. The hardest part is going to be fitting the new levels onto the UI. I haven't the slightest idea how we are going to do that yet.
None of this are we going to worry about at the moment. This is something we will tackle for the second release. But really, in terms of programming, there is nothing to this.
"They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian ... They're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse