Thread: MyDDO "API key" and "Devolper name" Do we have one for this project?

Lightbulb MyDDO "API key" and "Devolper name" Do we have one for this project?

MyDDO "API key" and "Devolper name" Do we have one for this project? I'm thinking it would be nice if people could click on a button, and pull up the stats of a toon they currently have that they want to build onto, but aren't quite sure where they want to go.. With MyDDO's unreliability, I know this won't work for some people, but it would be nice for the people it does work for. If it fails to pull up character data, we could simply have it put up a message explaining that either they character doesn't exist, is set as private (and what could be done to fix it), or that the character is pre-epoch issue. What do you guys think? If we don't already have a key, I do not mind petitioning the Turbine-DDO Dev's for one.

No, we have neither one. If you want to try to get them so we can integrate MyDDO functionality into the planner, be my guest. That would actually be fairly cool
    "They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian ... They're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

Default Ok.. Got the key and dev name...

Took all of six minutes to get a reply from Cordovan with a dev name and API key.. Not going to post here for security reasons, but I'll figure out what exactly I can do with them (The API seems VERY limited at this point), and start putting a [Try and pull my character-sheet from MyDDO] type button.

I have an API key and their service is practically worthless. You can get better information by parsing the myddo.com pages.

Default I thought I heard...

I thought the api and myDDO were dead? I've been real busy with real life the last 4-6 months and haven't kept up. I thought that Turbine-DDO scrapped the whole API, MyDDO, and old forums and have a new system that offers even less?

Yeah, all that stuff is dead now. Back to getting stuff from DDO Wiki or the game itself
    "They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian ... They're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

Default DDOwiki

Well, if there is anything that can be gotten from DDOwiki, let me know as I am still the "DDOwiki God" even though I've been away for months... Look me up, User:ShoeMaker / User:Technical_13